Unparalleled support and flexibility. From people you can trust.
We’re passionate about helping create a more secure and prosperous future for your employees. We do that by focusing on you—and those who count on you—every step of the way. In a world of rapid change, we continuously find new ways to deliver unmatched service, unparalleled support, and programs and services to help you achieve what’s ahead. Because exceptional client service is not what we do—it’s who we are.
We help secure confidence in a more prosperous future.
The Hartford stag has been a symbol of strength and integrity since our company's founding in 1810.
- 40 years defined contribution experience
- Serving over 33,000 plan sponsors and over 1.5 million plan participants*
- PLANSPONSOR magazine Top 10 Recordkeeper (2004-2009)
- Top 5 provider of 403(b) retirement plans1
- Top 5 provider of 457(b) retirement plans1
- *As of 6/30/11; this data may have changed
- One of the World's Most Ethical Companies, Ethisphere Institute (2008-2011)
- Promoting financial literacy through our partnership with NCAA
- EPA Climate Leader
- Hartford employees donate more than $2 million and 100,000 volunteer hours to non-profit organizations each year
Our broad range of adaptable solutions positions your plan for success.
From start-up to large plans, and in every market, we have a program option to support your organization.
- Healthcare, Education, Tax-Exempt
Across all tax codes.
- Defined Benefit
- Davis Bacon
- Tax-Exempt Deferred Compensation
And a distinctive open architecture design.
- No propriety investment requirements
- Investment options available from more than 40 fund families
- Extensive and ongoing investment due diligence conducted by The Hartford’s team of analysts
In conjunction with our distinctive open-architecture investment menu, The Hartford offers solutions designed to help you and your participants with the investment selection process:
- Fiduciary Assure® —a co-fiduciary investment selection monitoring service for plan sponsors2
- Model My Goals® —an asset allocation program offering five sample risk-based models
- Lifestyle (risk -based) and life-cycle (retirement-based) asset allocation options including three distinct target date suites
We’ll make it easy for you every step of the way.
- 21 PLANSPONSOR Magazine “Best in Class” awards for sponsor and participant services, including
- Sponsor Reporting
- Participant Call Center
- Fee Disclosure
(PLANSPONSOR Defined Contribution Survey, November 2010)
- Award-winning, customizable participant education programs - in person, in print and online - help drive employee comprehension and plan participation
- Recognized with over 80 awards from 2000-2011 from organizations such as Pensions & Investments magazine and Profit Sharing/401k Council of America (PSCA)
- Award-winning investment newsletter co-authored by SmartMoney magazine educates employees
You and your participants will receive ongoing information and education that includes:
- Initial welcome kits
- Ongoing, onsite education and enrollment assistance from retirement education specialists
- Individualized participant contribution illustrations
- Comprehensive, award-winning educational campaign
- Online tools and resources, including online advisory services from Morningstar Associates, LLC.3
We know that running your plan is not your only job responsibility. That’s why we team up with your financial professional to structure our service team as an extension of yours:
- Dedicated client service teams
- Customer service call center with non-English-speaking representatives available
- Dedicated ERISA counsel and legislative experts provide insight into industry- and plan-level regulations and legislation
- Interactive plan sponsor website to help you manage your plan
- Interactive participant website with account access and transaction processing
For more information regarding The Hartford's retirement programs, contact us to speak to a Retirement Plans Sales representative.